Thursday, January 15, 2009

SO I had a much longer blog but it was deleted when I tried to add a picture, so today is going to be short and sweet.

Italian class--- Friends of Barbara Jean-Pierre (a priest) and Giovanni (a movie director) came and talked to us completely in italian so we would see what we could understand. Actually we are picking up a lot, and I found it very invigorating!

Lunch- Angela made the genovese dish trophie con pesto and then a really good meat concoction, delicious.

Studio--- what we are going to do at the beginning of this semester is researching something relating to engineering and how it correlates with architecture. We are working in pairs, so we are planning a "speed dating" session with the grad students to determined who is interested in what and should be paired together. We should be doing that in the next couple of days since our first research paper is due Thursday.

Yoga--- After we rearranged our studio we had a yoga session in the room with all the windows! Most of us have never done it before so it was very entertaining and very painful. We could only take about 30 minutes of it at a time, but maybe we will continue it throughout the semester.

Dinner---- Quiche, soup, and artichoke hearts. Afterwards we were all craving a little dessert, so we headed down town for gelato, but unfortunately all the gelatteria's were closed, so we sat down in a cafe and had some torte di cacao.

Future plans--- In two weekends we will probably be going skiing in the alps,, a huge group of us,, partially because we want to ski and partially because it is a once in a lifetime experience! I can't wait!

~Heather

Due to these technical difficulties there will be no picture today,,, I'll try to get it working again for tomorrow, I think my computer is just tired like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment